I am an independent researcher, facilitator and advocate passionate about contributing to an international system in which power, resources and knowledge are equitably distributed and created.
I aspire to serve as a reform-oriented critic in the sector by using my voice and privilege to put issues of racism, sexism, inequities, and neo-colonialism at the top of the global agenda.
I will act as a connector, promoting mutual exchanges of learning and experiences between individuals and institutions from the Global South and North.
I will support Northern actors to responsibly transition and shift their power, funding and operations to Southern institutions and individuals.
I strive to uphold both personal and professional anti-racist commitments in several areas, including in my learning, research, purchases and clientele. I am happy to discuss these further.
Born in South Africa after my parents emigrated from Mozambique, I grew up between Johannesburg, Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo, completing my studies in the US and UK. I therefore have no easy answer to the question ‘Where are you from?', a fact I've come to embrace over time.
I have worked as a researcher and manager in the international development sector for over 11 years with or for a wide range of organisations, including grassroots movements, Northern donors, international and national NGOs, consultancy organisations, and research actors.
Equitably designed & delivered qualitative research
- Design of equitable research processes & programmes
- Portfolio and programme reviews
- In-depth or short case studies
- Literature reviews
- Systematic evidence reviews
- Social Network Mapping
Participatory group facilitation
- In-person or virtual sessions (with interactive tools such as Miro)
- Small or large groups
- Recognised participatory methods, including Group Facilitation Methods and Open Space Technology
- Bespoke participatory methods, co-designed with your specific needs in mind
Equity-focused advisory services
- Support on creating approaches and indicators to measure equity in partnerships, funding and grant-making and programme implemention
- Evidence-based guidance on planning for responsible and equitable donor and NGO exits & transitions
A blog exploring power dynamics in international development